The arms were crazy fun to do to say the least. A misconception people will find with RGs is that they have preassembled frame pieces and are not very challenging. As a Gunpla builder who initially specialised with the MG scale this is a gross understatement because overall this RG kit ends up having more smaller pieces to assemble. Each arm had 19 pieces to cut out, sand, prime, undercoat, paint and assemble.
Being a fan of the original 1:1 Gundam I really like the copper detailing in the arm joints. The copper decals that the kit came with were disappointing so I hand painted them on myself. One thing I regret about this kit though is putting decals on it instead of using these adhesive decals I should have waited on an official water transfer set or mix and matched with existing Gundam/EFSF decal packs.
In this time frame I happened to stuff up the left shoulders paint work. To correct this mistake I used methylated spirits to strip off all the paint and respray. Okies note to self dont use too much metho and pressure when I clean up blemishes!
The following schedule below is the order in which future posts will be delivered in regards to my RG kit.
- skirt armour
- final touch up
Alternatively you can follow my past updates here (from newest to oldest)