Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Matthew Reilly's The Five Greatest Warriors has been released!

Here at ODU we recognise Australian talent. Dwelling away from anime, manga, American comics and what not I'd like to offer this post as a tribute to one of my favourite authors Matthew Reilly.

I started reading Matthew Reilly books since I was in year 11 (aged 16). His unique style of writing draws the reader into his action scenes. The action starts quick and fast but will never cover the epic plot behind the story. To date I have read all but one of his books and have collected the series that I like best. the Shane Schofield saga and the Jack West Jr books.

With the release of The Five Greatest Warriors I was quick to grab it from Kinokuniya! The way how Matthew Reilly left Jack West's fate in The Six Sacred Stones to be continued in this book was just inhumane I had to wait in excess of a year to find out what happens! Like the books before this one it is really hard to put down I already read 130 pages! Which leads me to rethink how am I going to manage my tasks at work and my assessments for uni while squeezing in guitar practice when this book is in front of me!

Well done Matthew Reilly you have done it again!




Jack West Jr books: Seven Ancient Wonders, The Six Sacred Stones and The Five Greatest Warriors
Shane Schofield books: Ice Station, Area 7, Scarecrow and Hell Island

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...