Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

1/144 Gundam 00 Raiser

It has been a while since I last did my last gunpla, I thought it would be a good time to start again since I still have quite a few model kits to go through. And of course the thought that you can never have enough model kits has ran through my mind a few times.

This time I will be building 1/144 00 Raiser, a model that I bought from Osaka Gundam while in Japan a few years ago.

Considering that I'm still a bit fresh in the gunpla scene, this kit is a good start for those who are just starting out. It contains five runners and two PC joints - obviously one for the 0 Raiser.

After the success of my first custom painted Infinite Justice for Smash 2010, I wanted to improve my paint skills. So naturally I went about purchasing and planning the paints that I will use for this model. Of course Hiroki was really the one that got me more involved with gunpla, helped out with planning the color scheme for  this model.

This is entirely up to you, but I went about applying a layer of Gunship Grey to the colored parts, and a layer of silver leaf on the white parts. The results are in the two images below.


Painted the nozzle on the back gold

That is about all that I have done for now. The wind was picking up towards the afternoon, so applying the paint was rather difficult, but also you run the risk of having it blown onto the other parts too.

I'll add more pics of my progress by next week so stay tuned...time to go and have a lie down.
Damn paint fume high > <

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...