Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

All hail Britannia!!

I went to a workmates birthday party tonight, It was a creative bow tie event so I decided to put a bit of thought into it. the "setup" ended up being an orange bow tie, open cut jacket with gold buttons, white dress shirt with gold cuff links, dark jeans and an orange belt to match the bow tie and for final accesories I pinned the Britannian insignia from Code Geass to the jacket.

All night I got people saying that the pendant was nice and were asking about its origin. As I joke I said that it was a Brittanian pendant from Napoleon's time (actually the Brittanian Empire lost their position in Europe because of Napoleon and retreated to their colony in America where the superpower grew and prospered. At that time in the Code Geass alternate history calendar that insignia was born.

The morale of the story is that less commonly seen anime insignia can be used to accesorise to good results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...